Publications by Timothy Adès
- Robert Desnos, Surrealist, Lover, Resistant: 527 pages, bilingual text, his poems with my versions. From Arc Publications.
- Storysongs/Chantefables: for good children to sing to any tune: by Robert Desnos, with translations by Timothy Adès and illustrations by Cat Zaza. Agenda Editions, 2014. Fully bilingual, double–fronted book.
- Alberto Arvelo Torrealba, Florentino and the Devil, Shearsman Books, November 2014.
- Victor Hugo, How to be a Grandfather, Hearing Eye 2012, the new complete edition:
- revised and enlarged
- published by Hearing Eye
- 184 pages
- language: English
- rhyming text, introduction, lifeline, notes
- + other poems by Hugo
- + Hugo as seen by other poets
- The Big Story of the Lion: a fold–out book, published by Hearing Eye in 2013. This is a poem from How to be a Grandfather with three illustrations by Emily Johns.
- Jean Cassou, 33 Sonnets of the Resistance (composed and memorised in a Vichy prison), Arc Publications, second edition 2005 (equal first, BCLA/BCLT prize, 1996).
- Cassou, The Madness of Amadis, Agenda Editions 2008.
- Loving by Will, Dempsey & Windle, 2016: Shakespeare’s 154 Sonnets with my versions alongside, not using letter e. Much easier to follow!
Periodicals (main items)
- Five Poems of Jean Cassou;
- Homer in Cuernavaca by Alfonso Reyes (winner, TLS Premio Valle–Inclán Prize, 2001);
- Selected Rhymed Poems of Bertolt Brecht;
- Siren–Anemone and Other Poems by Robert Desnos;
- Reviews: Translations of La Fontaine’s Fables (2).
- Eight Sonnets of Jean Cassou with Aragon’s introduction;
- Three Poems of Ricarda Huch;
- Classic Gallic Lipograms;
- Elegies of Louise Labé;
- Ten Poems of Robert Desnos;
- Ten Poems of Exile by Bertolt Brecht;
- Review: Horace translated by Colin Sydenham.
- Weisst Du Schwarzt Du by Hans Arp;
- Against the Grain by Robert Desnos (2nd in John Dryden Prize, 2002).
- Moscow, Waterloo, St Helena by Victor Hugo (winner, John Dryden Prize, 2003), Brindin.
In PN Review:
- 200 Desnos: Six Poems incl: Fol–Fan–Fifer
- 211 Brecht: A Dying Roman and other poems
- 3 Sikelianós: John Keats
- 5 Desnos: The Ode to Coco
- 8 Reyes: Romances of Rio de Janeiro
- 11 Review in Pushkin sonnets of Andy Croft’s book 1948
- 12 The Excellent Wessex Event
- Black Widow Press: ‘Essential Poems … of Robert Desnos’;
- Brindin poetry translation website — many poems;
- British Museum: ‘Cleopatra’s Face’;
- Hayward Gallery: ‘Undercover Surrealism’;
- Hearing Eye: ‘Well Versed’ and ‘In the Company of Poets’ (ed John Rety);
- Tate Publishing: ‘A Dada Reader’;
- W.W. Norton: ‘The Greek Poets: Homer to the Present’.
Bust of Jean Cassou, copyright © Madeleine Tézenas